Need something quick, and satisfying to your whole household? These delicious pizza rolls are easy, don’t require bread-making savvy, and are ready in 40 minutes or less. How great is that? Oh, and they’re versatile and will (probably) work with any ingredients you would like to use.
My goal with this recipe was to add more fast and easy recipes that are great whether you have a bunch of people to cook for, or one. These pizza rolls keep in the freezer, and so they are perfect for reheating on a day when you don’t feel like cooking.
I used store-bought spaghetti sauce, refrigerated rolls, and shredded cheese. There’s no shame in buying premade ingredients. While you’re at the store, be sure to pick up your favorite cake mix, so you can make cake mix cookies for dessert.
You’ll want to get an italian-type tomato sauce that you really enjoy. It’s very hard to find (my favorite) puttanesca in my grocers, so I usually lean toward a vodka-flavored sauce. If you like something sweeter, that works too.
I hadn’t made these pizza rolls in more than 15 years, so I winged it and it took me 20 minutes to prep the first time.
I used 2 cans of 10 biscuits each, but this filling quantity might be better suited to 30-ish, depending on the size of your biscuits. I admittedly didn’t buy the largest biscuits (for no real reason), so feel free to use your favorite biscuits for this recipe.
My shredded cheese was a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. I bought shredded cheese to use, but feel free to do your own thing, if you prefer to shred your own cheese.
I also chopped my pepperoni into smaller pieces, because it’s not very easy to make the pouch stay closed when you use 1 large slice. Also, you may not find pre-sliced pepperoni, ar you’ll find it already chopped in little cubes.
The rest of it is pretty easy: store-bought seasonings, chopping an onion, stirring it all together in a large bowl. It didn’t take long to put together, and I could have used our resident-child, but did not. This is a great recipe to make with kids.
I love making these pizza rolls, and will make them for the next gameday party I attend, because who doesn’t love a good pizza roll?!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used. If you purchase a product via my link, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and use. You can read my full disclosures for more information.
Easy Peasy Pizza Rolls
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Lightly grease baking sheet(s) and set aside
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of sauce, onion, cheeses, italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, and chopped pepperoni. Stir until combined.
- Melt butter and stir in 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- Open cans of biscuits.
For each roll
- Flatten 1 biscuit, so it is about 3-4 inches in diameter. Be careful not to tear it, but if you do just roll it back into a ball and flatten it again.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the center.
- Fold dough in half, and pinch edges closed like a little pouch.
- Place in pan, seam side down
- Brush the tops with garlic butter
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes
- Serve with remaining sauce (can be heated or not)